Ride Across INdiana (RAIN)
Alternative RAIN 2003 Transportation
- The bus will be at the Drury Inn in Terre Haute late in the evening on July 11th or
in the early morning of July 12th, the day RAIN begins.
- A trip to the starting line or as close to
it as possible will be provided for those requesting it.
- There will be a mechanic on the bus with a limited supply of parts. Those with odd-sized bikes
are requested to bring their own tubes for transport on the bus.
- Riders may have a change of clothes transported on the bus.
- There will be a selection of snacks, fruits, and drinks on the bus at no extra
charge. Riders may also transport their own food on the bus for lunch.
- The bus stops at all official rest areas and lunch for several hours each. Riders who fall
behind may call the cell phone number and make arrangements.
- Riders have exclusive use of the bus restroom, and that's worth the price right there!
- Riders who tire may take the bus to the finish line.
- The bus leaves Richmond at 8:00 p.m., or when the last expected rider is accounted for,
whichever comes first. Last year, the early riders had beer and pizza delivered right to the
bus in the park. Riders anticipating an early finish should bring their own beer.
- On the return trip, there will be a stop in Indianapolis for riders who live there.
The final stop will be the Drury Inn in Terre Haute.
Cost: $44.00 before July 1, 2003. Discount for groups of two or more.
Registration fees may be transferred but not refunded (unless a note from a doctor or parole
officer is provided).
For all of you who were on board last year, "Welcome back!" For all of the first timers, "Welcome
Mark (Busdog) Robinson
c/o Carbondale Greyhound
1 Bike Surgeon Plaza
402 South Illinois Ave.
Carbondale, IL 62901